Notes from 15 minute public forum on 06 September 2022
There were five members of the public present. Two came along to speak about a planning application for outline permission for 45 properties at land off Tooley Lane. Three were there with the results of a survey carried out regarding Wrangle Chapel.
Minutes of the meeting of Wrangle Parish Council held on Tuesday 06 September 2022 at 7.30pm in the Parish Hall
1. Apologies for absence
Apologies: There were no apologies received
Present: Cllrs Pickett, Seymour, Wrisdale, Edwards, Featherstone, Law, Bowles and Danby (Chairman)
Also present: County Cllr Skinner
2. To receive reports from representatives on outside bodies
a. Borough Cllr Picket had nothing to report
b. County Councillor reported:
i. LCC are getting repairs carried out with photos being taken before and after each repair.
ii. A shortage of bitumen is causing a problem with getting some works carried out.
iii. A check will be made as to whether the footway at Main Road has been repaired.
iv. A hostel for migrants has been made available at Bicker Bar.
3. To receive declarations of interest in accordance with the Localism Act 2011
Cllr Edwards declared an interest in item 12, Planning applications received.
4. Notes of the meeting held on 05 July 2022 to be signed as the minutes
The notes, previously circulated, were approved and signed as the minutes.
5. Clerk’s report
a. An anonymous letter has been received, this cannot be dealt with by the Parish Council.
b. An offer of some trees has been made by a resident, it was resolved to accept the offer if the required trees are available.
6. To receive report from the chairman
The Chairman had nothing to report, all items are on the agenda.
7. Finance report
a. Payment to be authorised:
Clerk’s expenses 36.10
Salaries (August) 494.73
K & P Services (Handyman) 120.00
E L Arnold (white magazine paper) 25.00
E L Arnold (padlock for recreation field) 22.00
Bolingbroke Deanery (October magazine) TBA
Malc Firth Landscapes (grass cutting) 491.40
Malc Firth Landscapes (grass cutting) 195.30
TJW Services (footpath cuts) 480.00
SJG Electrical & Security (Youth Club Defibrillator) 115.20
E-on (cheque signed in July) 15.47
Anglian Water (recreation field supply) 15.29
S137 payments: Wrangle PCC 500.00
Wrangle Bowls Club 300.00
Wrangle Youth Centre 350.00
b. Balances at bank at 15 August 2022: Current account £3,759.33
Deposit account £27,124.50
Map account £636.80
Jubilee Account £50.25
c. Following discussion it was resolved that the current way the bank work for Community Accounts is not suitable for the Parish Council, this will be reviewed from time to time.
8.00pm Cllr Ashton arrived
8. To review the publication scheme
a. All Councillors have a copy of the Publication Scheme.
b. Some of the documents that are listed in the Publication Scheme are not on the website, this will be looked into by the Clerk.
9. To receive any comments:
a. External Auditor arrangements
It was resolved that the current External Auditor arrangements are appropriate for the Parish Council.
b. NALC Civility and Respect Pledge
It was resolved that the Parish Council should adopt the Civility and Respect Pledge which means the Parish Council will:
• Treat other Councillors, Clerks, Employees, Members of the Public and representatives of partner organisations and volunteers with civility and respect in their roles
• Commit to training Councillors and Staff
• Sign up to the Code of Conduct for Councillors
• Have good governance arrangements in place
• Commit to seeking professional help at early stages should civility and respect issues arise
• Call out bullying and harassment if and when it happens
• Continue to learn from best practice in the sector and aspire to being a role model/champion council
• Support the continued lobbying for the change in legislation to support the civility and respect pledge including sanctions for elected members where appropriate.
10. Recreation field
a. Play Area inspection
i. All Councillors have a copy of the inspection report
ii. A repair made to the basket swing is acceptable for the report, but needs to be monitored.
iii. There were no other major issues with the equipment.
b. Any other matters
i. The football club will be reminded to use the field at the back of the pavilion for parking when there are a lot of spectators.
ii. The panels have been replaced on the pavilion
11. To report any highway matters
There were no street lights reported for repair
b. Any other matter
i. The gullies at Main Road have been cleared.
ii. The gullies at Church End need to be cleared as does the drain at the Gowt Bank/Common Road junction.
iii. The culvert opposite the Almshouses is blocked causing flooding on Main Road.
12. Planning applications received
Cllr Edwards left the room while the planning application was discussed
The Parish Council objected to the following planning applications:
B/22/0306 Infinity Properties Outline application with some matters reserved (appearance,
Investments Limited landscaping and scale) for later approval for the erection of 45 dwellings off Tooley Lane
Issues of flooding, sewerage problems and water pressure already exist in this area and the ecology report was done out of season.
8.40pm Two members of the public left the meeting
The Parish Council supported the following applications by email:
B/22/0289 Mr Wilkinson Proposed side extension to semi-detached bungalow at
B/22/0312 Mr Garrett Proposed two storey side extension at 37 Church Close
13. Planning decisions received from Boston Borough Council
Full planning permission has been received for:
B/22/0233 Mr Tomlinson Erection of a detached garage at Beech Tree Farm, Broadgate
B/22/0250 Mr M Blythe Single storey rear extension at Knebworth House, Church End
14. To receive update regarding the siting of the village sign and the Jubilee bench
a. The base for the Jubilee seat is now in place.
b. The post for the village sign is set into the ground and the sign will be sited when the base is fully set.
c. A quote for the plaques has been received, following discussion it was resolved to get further quotes using different materials.
15. Correspondence received not covered on the agenda
Brochures were made available to Councillors.
16. Any other business – matters for next agenda
a. Purchase of a wreath for Remembrance Sunday
b. Cllrs Wrisdale and Ashton gave their apologies for the October meeting
17. Date and time of next meeting
The next Parish Council meeting will be held in the Parish Hall on 04 October 2022 at 7.30pm with a Public Forum from 7.15pm
There being no other business the meeting closed at 9.00pm