06 July 2021

Notes from 15 minute public forum on 06 July 2021

There were no members of the public present.

Minutes of the meeting of Wrangle Parish Council held on Tuesday 06 July 2021 at 7.30pm in the Chapel School Room, Chapel Lane, Wrangle

1. Apologies for absence

Apologies:  Apologies were accepted from Cllrs Bowles, Pickett and Seymour,

Present:  Cllrs Law, Wrisdale, Edwards, Featherstone and Danby (Chairman)

Also present:  County Cllr Skinner

2. To receive reports from representatives on outside bodies

a. The PCSO reported by email incidents to 27 May 2021:

i. 1 traffic offence at Main Road

ii. 1 suspicious circumstance at Lockhamgate

iii. 3 concerns for safety at Common Road, Broadgate and Brick Lane

iv. 1 road traffic collision at Main Road

b. The Borough Councillors were not present

c. The County Cllr Skinner reported:

i. The Mayor has attended his first event, the launching of the buoys in Boston.  The buoys had been on the docks for ten to fifteen years.

ii. The alliance with ELDC is now considering sharing the Chief Executive with South Holland to help keep local democracy strong.

iii. The Town Deal has £21.9m with £23m match funding to improve the town.

iv. £20m ‘levelling up’ funding has been applied for, this is to improve the road from the port at Boston to Spalding to help establish the use of the docks for importing and exporting food.  Links are already in place with Rotterdam.

v. LCC are currently carry out surface dressing in some areas.

vi. The facility in Boston where waste will be burned to produce electricity is moving into the next stage of consultation.  Waste will be delivered to the site via the river and a distributer road is being looked into for Marsh Lane.

3.    To receive declarations of interest in accordance with the Localism Act 2011 

There were no declarations of interest.

4.      Notes of the meeting held on 04 May 2021 to be signed as the minutes

The notes, previously circulated, were approved and signed as the minutes after it was noted that Cllr Law is not the treasurer of the Royal British Legion, she is the Poppy Co-ordinator.

5. Clerk’s report

a. An allotment tenant has given notice, in writing, that he wants to vacate the allotments from April 2022.  This will be on the Agenda for the November meeting.

b. An email received from LCC regarding the recycling centres was read out, the booking system for recycling sites is going to be removed.

c. An email from the Red Cross offering young people first aid training free of charge will be sent to the Youth Club and to the Giles Academy.

d. Nothing has been heard from Anglian Water regarding the issues with the water supply.

e. The handyman will be asked to clean the bench by the bus stop near the Village Hall.

6.    To receive report from the Chairman  

Forty-two children and 10 members of staff have visited Brickyard Farm and the conservation area, this was followed by a quiz for the children.  Another visit is to be arranged.

8.10pm  Cllr Ashton arrived

7.       Audit for the year ended 31 March 2021

a. The AGAR was emailed to the External Auditor on 25 June as required.

b. The Elector’s Rights are audits are in the notice boards and on the Parish Council website, as required.

8.       Finance report

a. To approve the following payments:

Clerk’s expenses     40.24

Salaries (June)   476.96

K & P Services (Handyman)   120.00

E L Arnold (magazine paper)         14.25

Bolingbroke Deanery (August/September magazine)     90.00

HMRC (PAYE Q1)       3.20

TJW Services (footpath cuts)   462.00

ICO (GDPR - d/d)     35.00

Old Leake with Wrangle Chapel (room use)     40.00

E-on (Toilet Block)     49.39

E-on (Pavilion)     45.82

Cheques signed for August:

Salaries (July)     TBA

K & P Services (handyman)   120.00

K & P Services (repairs to picnic tables)     TBA

Paul Greenhough (coloured paper for magazines)     TBA

b. Balances at bank at 15 June 2021 Current account        £7,638.21

(emailed to Councillors) Reconciled:               £7,245.52

  Deposit account      £27,120.42

  Map account              £636.69

c. HMRC have written to say £246.71 is owed in unpaid PAYE.  The Clerk will deal with this matter, there are no outstanding payments and the cheques have cleared the bank account.

9.      Recreation field 

a. The Chairman will flail the dyke when he has time.

b. Boston Borough Council will put signage on the pavilion with regard to the recycling area and new dog fouling signage.

c. The handyman will repair the picnic tables and quotes around £100 for the wood plus labour.

10.    To receive report from Lincolnshire Road Safety Partnership

a. An email has been received stating that some residents do not want the LRSP speed check van at Main Road.  The Parish Council do not agree with this and will ask that the speed checks are still carried out when the van is available.

b. Residents have requested average speed check cameras for Wrangle.  Unfortunately this is not possible due to the number of speed changes between the camera in Wrangle and the next one at Leverton.  The average speed checks at Butterwick and at Hubberts Bridge is in place where two existing cameras have been replaced and there are no changes in the speed limit.

11.    To report any highway matters

a. The grass at some junctions needs to be cut for safety reasons.

b. There are a number of pot holes near the Sailors Home that need to be repaired.

12. Planning applications received

The Parish Council have no objections to the following planning application, although the site is next to an existing blacksmiths where additional noise and traffic can be generated at times:

B/21/0262 Midgate Properties Outline application with all matters reserved (access, 

Ltd appearance, landscaping, layout and scale) for the erection of 

1 two storey dwelling at Land adjacent to Knebworth,Church End

13.    Planning decisions received from Boston Borough Council

FULL planning permission has been received for:

B/21/0194 Shane Stengal Proposed front and rear extension and remodelling of existing 

Constuction bungalow at The Bungalow, Main Road

14.     Platinum Jubilee celebrations 2022

a. To consider offer made to organise the event, with the help of the Parish Council and volunteers

i. An email has been received offering to organise an event, the same as in 2012, this is a generous offer and will be accepted. Volunteers will be sought via social media and the parish magazine.

ii. The organiser will contact local businesses for help financially and through use of  equipment/labour they may have to offer.

iii. Following discussion it was resolved that a second Parish Council current account should be used for the finances.  This is to safeguard the funds for use in future years and keep them completely separate from the Parish Council funds.  The Clerk will arrange this on behalf of the Parish Council.

iv. Meetings can be held via Teams or Zoom due to the organiser working away.  A couple of weekend meetings should be considered in the first instance.

b. To consider the purchase of a commemorative medal/mug for the children in primary school/living in the village

i. It was resolved that medals should be sought for the children.

ii. The Clerk will get some prices ready for he next meeting.

c. To consider having a beacon

i. The information about beacons was previously sent to Councillors in the LALC News.

ii. A beacon can be a basket on a post with a gas burner, sited in the village, or a ‘bonfire’ that is burned at the set time (9.15pm on 02 June 2022).

iii. Following discussion it was resolved to get some quotes for a basket style beacon.  The site is to be agreed should the purchase go ahead.

15.     Correspondence received not covered on the agenda

There was no other correspondence.

16.    Any other business – matters for next agenda

a. Cllr Wrisdale suggested that defibrillators should be sited at the Chapel end of the village and one at Wrangle Common.  This will be on the agenda for the next meeting.

17.   Date and time of next meeting

The next meeting will be held on 07 September 2021 at 7.30pm, with a public forum from 7.15pm


There being no other business the meeting closed at 8.50pm