04 May 2021

Minutes of the remote meeting of Wrangle Parish Council held on Tuesday 04 May 2021 at 7.45pm

1.             Apologies for absence

Apologies:  Apologies were accepted from Cllr Ashton who will arrive late

Present:  Cllrs Edwards, Featherstone, Wrisdale, Seymour, Pickett, Law, Bowles and Danby (Chairman)

Also present:  County Cllr Skinner

2.             To receive reports from representatives on outside bodies

a. The PCSO reported, by email, incidents to 07 April:

i. 2 traffic offences at Main Road

ii. 1 incident of criminal damage at Sea Lane

iii. 1 concern for safety at Brick Lane

iv. 1 suspicious circumstance at Wrangle Bank

and for incidents to 29 April 2021:

v. 1 Concern for safety at Main Road

vi. 1 suspicious circumstance at Love Lane

vii. 2 vehicle offences at Church End and at Cragmire Lane

viii. 1 traffic offence at Main Road

ix. 1 road traffic collision at Wrangle Bank

b.      Borough Cllr Pickett reported that he would be the Mayor of Boston for 2021/2022, the Chairman congratulated him on behalf of the Parish Council.

c. The County Councillor reported:

i. Covid figures in Boston are going down, but everyone still must be sensible to help prevent a rise in cases.

ii. The LCC election will be on Thursday.

iii. The latest highways report has been sent to all Councillors.

iv. Fly tipping and speeding traffic continue to be a problem in the area.

3.       To receive declarations of interest in accordance with the 2011 Localism Act 

There were no declarations of interest.

4.       Notes of the remote meeting held on 06 April to be approved and signed as the minutes

The notes, previously circulated, were approved as the minutes and will be signed, by the Chairman, at a later date.

5.       Clerk’s report

a. Councillors have been sent further information regarding some tree planting.  This will be on the agenda for the next meeting when possible sites for the trees have been looked at.

b. The paperwork received from the Valuations Office Agency regarding the recreation field has been completed and returned.  Details of the lease and the rents received were required.

6.       To receive report from the chairman 

The Chairman had nothing to report, all matters are covered on the agenda.

7.       Finance report

a.     To approve the following payments:

Salaries (April)      480.13

Clerks expenses        34.21

E L Arnold (white paper for magazine)        26.00

E L Arnold (June magazine)        10.00

Anglian Water (recreation field supply)        13.13

K & P Services (Handyman)                                                       120.00

Bolingbroke Deanery (June magazine)        90.00

T J W Services (footpath grass cuts)      462.00

Evelyn Sands (PAYE)        45.00

c.     Balances in bank at 15 April:  Current account   £13,416.27  reconciled £9,951.27

                                                  Deposit account   £27,119.74

                                                Map account             £636.67

The precept of £8070.48 was received on 01 April, the amount of £2,909.52 was retained by the Borough Council for street lighting.  There was an increase of £130.54 for the lights.  The Borough Council will be asked for a breakdown of the charges made to Wrangle.

8.      Audit for the year ended 31 March 2021

a.    The Clerk reported that the accounts were balanced and ready to send to the Internal Auditor.

b.     It was resolved that the Council to use Evelyn Sands to carry out the internal audit.

9.      Recreation field 

a. Trees at the side of the field

i. The Chairman has looked at the trees around the field and cannot find any that are a danger to anyone at this time.  The trees will continue to be inspected at regular intervals.

ii. The young trees by the dyke are leaning slightly due to over growth from the trees that were previously removed.  A working party will deal with this in due course.

iii. There are some branches on the ground from a tree by the pavilion, the Chairman will collect these to enable the grass to be cut.

b. Any other matters

i. The insert from the bin by the pavilion has been removed.  A replacement will be sought.

ii. The bin by the roadside needs to be checked as the door was open.

iii. A pole by the bowls club is leaning into a tree which may be keeping it in place.  This will be further investigated to check that the pole is not rotten at the base.

10.      Planning applications received

The following applications were supported by the Parish Council:

B/21/0171 Dunnington Retention of livestock building following demolition of existing building at Guano Farm, Wrangle Bank

B/21/0194 Shane Stengal Construction Proposed front and rear extension and remodelling of existing  bungalow at The Bungalow, Main Road

11.      Planning decisions received from the Borough Council

No planning decisions have been received.

12.      To report any highways issues

a. Potholes that have been recently repaired seem to have had a good job done.

b. Anglian Water have completed a job at Main Road, hopefully this will help reduce the vibration in the nearby properties.

c. It was suggested to County Cllr Skinner that LCC should invest in new equipment for the repair of potholes.  LCC are currently trialling a new item of equipment to repair potholes.

13. To discuss number of emails received from the Borough Council

a. The Clerk reported that 22 separate emails had been received from the Borough Council in March and another 21 in April.  The emails are just forwarded to Councillors as the Clerk does not have time to read them all and the attachments that come with them.

b. The Clerk listed some of the emails that are not sent out to Councillors from other areas, they get deleted without being read.

c. It was suggested that a weekly list of links, with short descriptions, is sent to Parish Councils so that Councillors can look at what they may be interested in.  Councillors agreed this would be better than lots of emails.

d. County Cllr Skinner will put this idea to the Borough Council.

14.    Any other business – matters for next agenda

a. The works at Sea Lane have not yet been carried out, Cllr Bowles will look into this matter.

b. To consider lamp post poppies for the village at £3.00 per poppy.  Information will be sent to the Clerk prior to the meeting.

c. The Chairman will speak to the handyman regarding re-siting the interactive speed sign.

15.    Date and time of next meeting

The next meeting will be held on 01 June 2021 at 7.30pm in the Parish Hall.  There will be a public forum prior to the meeting from 7.15pm.

A risk assessment will be carried out prior to the meeting with regard to social distancing and the use of hand sanitiser.  Provision must be made if any members of the public attend the meeting.


There being no other business the meeting closed at 8.45pm