Coronavirus: What you need to do
The latest information from national government in relation to the Coronavirus outbreak: https://www.gov.uk/coronavirus
Coronavirus: Community help and volunteering
If you are a member of the community that requires support you can request help online at: www.lincolnshire.gov.uk/coronavirus/requesthelp or dial 01522 782189 for assistance
You can also volunteer to help on Lincolnshire County Council's website at: www.lincolnshire.gov.uk/coronavirus/volunteer or by calling 01522 782189.
DO YOU NEED HELP WITH ANYTHING, OR JUST A CHAT?
PLEASE CONTACT THE CLERK TO
STICKNEY PARISH COUNCIL
Tel: 01205 270352
Facebook: Stickney Community
Where every effort will be made to give support and/or help for any job needed to be done or problem you may have.
PLEASE DO NOT FEEL ALONE – WE HAVE SOMEONE WHO CAN HELP OR OFFER SOME SUPPORT WITH: SHOPPING; DOG WALKING; COLLECTING PRESCRIPTIONS; OR ANYTHING YOU MAY NEED THAT PERHAPS WE ARE NOT AWARE OF, WE ARE ALL LEARNING OF THE NEEDS OF OTHERS AT THIS STRANGE TIME
LCC - Indemnity for Volunteers:
This document only relates to those voluntary groups who are formally registered through the Lincolnshire Resilience Forum in response to the Coronavirus Pandemic ("an Authorised Voluntary Group or AVG") and any individual volunteers notified to the LRF as being members of that group ("an Authorised Volunteer")
An individual volunteer will only be treated as an Authorised Volunteer if they are notified to the LRF as being a member of the AVG by the nominated contact for the AVG registered with the LRF.
The offer of indemnity is made exclusively to you as an AVG on behalf Lincolnshire County Council. By signing this document your AVG and your Authorised Volunteers will be covered against any claims made against it or them.
· The contents of this letter are prescribed by the County Council’s Insurance Fund. I would ask that you read it carefully and sign below on behalf of your group before returning to the Communities & Volunteer coordination cell (CVC).
· This offer of indemnity will not be considered valid until receipt of this form duly signed is acknowledged by the CVC cell.
· Any activity undertaken prior to acknowledgment of the receipt of this signed document will not be covered under this indemnity.
· Furthermore the indemnity will only apply for the duration of the activity to address the Coronavirus outbreak whilst the CVC is operational and will cease upon the CVC being disbanded.
This letter is to confirm that the Lincolnshire Resilience Forum (LRF) has registered your AVG to volunteer on behalf of the LRF in supporting residents in response to the Coronavirus outbreak within Lincolnshire.
As part of this authorisation process the County Council will, subject to the exceptions set out below, indemnify your AVG and its Authorised Volunteers against all claims (including payment of costs) made against them, and will not itself make claims against them for any loss or damage (other than claims falling within the cover provided to any Authorised Volunteer under any motor vehicle policy taken out by the Authorised Volunteer) occasioned by any negligent act, error or omission committed by Authorised Volunteers of your AVG in or about the pursuit of their duties on behalf of the CVC whilst acting as Authorised Volunteers.
The indemnity will not extend to loss or damage directly or indirectly caused by or arising from:
• Fraud, dishonesty or a criminal offence on the part of the volunteer
• Any neglect, act, error or omission by the volunteer otherwise than in the course of his/her authorised activities as a volunteer
• Any deliberate or reckless act of the Authorised Volunteer that the Authorised Volunteer knew or ought reasonably to have known would cause loss or damage
• Liability in respect of surcharges made by the County Council’s auditors
The indemnity will not apply if your AVG or an Authorised Volunteer, without the written authority of the County Council, admits liability or negotiates, or attempts to negotiate, a settlement of any claim falling within the scope of this indemnity.
I realise that these provisions are written in legalistic terms, but simply put they mean that you will be indemnified against claims, other than exceptions mentioned, as long as you do not admit liability or negotiate, or try to negotiate, a settlement.
If you have any queries about this document, please speak to the CVC cell on 01522 787034 in the first instance. By signing this form your group agrees to the terms set out in this document.
Lincolnshire County Council